Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Sr. Principal Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
If challenge, growth, and the ability to have a positive impact on your customer and fellow team members is something that interests you, this job is worth your consideration.
We are looking for individuals with a software development background who operate within the test realm - testers who are skilled at automation as opposed to manual testing. The successful candidate will be familiar with Java at best, other programming languages at the least. When working with automated test tools such as Selenium, the ideal candidate will have both developer and testing skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Work within a SAFe Agile Team to plan and develop automated test methodologies * Develop and maintain automated test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system * Develop, implement and execute test automation scripts * Report on the status and progress of automated test development and execution * Serve as a subject matter specialist providing test automation know-how
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least nine (9) years' experience * Expertise with the all aspects of software engineering * Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with, support, and influence fellow members of a diverse team in a large program. Your ability to articulate, coordinate, and support developers in an Agile environment will make you successful in this role. * Experience operating within a SAFe Agile program * Able to provide leadership in the following areas: * Test processes in Test-Driven Development (TDD)
* The integration and operation of an automated test environment
* Proficiency in Java and writing automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver
* Experienced in the operation and test processes associated with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline
* Experienced writing SQL scripts for Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
* Must be a US citizen and have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. Interim clearance is acceptable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Knowledge of State Department software development and deployment practices
* SAFe Agile certifications
* Experience testing software within a cloud environment, particularly in a government environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.