Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you
The Systems Engineering and Integration Test Center (SEIT) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex EO/IR applications. The successful candidate will be a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) of a program in the ISR&C Systems Department. The LSE will influence the technical performance of all Systems Engineering activities. The LSE will have responsibility of all engineering decisions influencing system capabilities development, integration, verification, and work products delivery while ensuring the product meets all technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations. The LSE will provide technical leadership of peer groups and technical mentoring to program engineers, including close coordination with the program Chief Engineer and IPTL's, while also working closely with the Program Manager. The candidate will be responsible for identifying system drivers, characterizing the EO/IR payload architecture, defining the preliminary concept, establishing SWAP and performance and verification approaches based upon mission requirements. The LSE will be responsible for the generation and management of artifacts associated with a Technical Baseline which include Technical Performance Metrics (TPMs) / Key Performance Parameters (KPPs), operational views, architectures, compliance matrices, system specifications, interface requirements specifications and system designs (including design and performance models)
* Minimum 10 years of systems engineering experience in EO/IR payloads, sensors or units
* Experience conducting payload, sensor, and spacecraft trades and analyses
* Experience in Optical engineering and design integration - interpreting sensor/payload/mission requirements and decomposing to design requirements and verification techniques
* Background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
* Experience with requirements development, maintenance and management of requirements
* Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
* Experience in leading design reviews (e.g. System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review)
* Experience providing technical leadership to an engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle
* Demonstrated engineering leadership experience and proven track record
* Experience in proposal development including BOE creations
* Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems as separate requirements within the basic qualifications/required skills list
* TS/SCI or SSBI clearance is required on day 1 of employment
* Experience with CONOPS trades and analyses (orbit and constellation design)
* Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems (TT&C, ADC, CDH, Thermal, Structures/Mechanisms, propulsion, Guidance and Navigation) and Launch vehicles
* Technical background in radiometry, thermometry and calibration techniques
* Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
* Experience with modeling and simulation of space systems
* Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
* Experience with all Gates and IPDS/IR processes to ensure technical and execution feasibility for Space programs
* Experience in leading IV&V formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
* Ability to work within cross-functional teams to engage the client, comprehend the client's problems, develop strategic analytical products, support requirements analysis, including process and systems analyses, support the development of business and system architectures, and define actionable system requirements.
* Ability to mentor and lead engineering personnel to collaborate with members of other teams to accomplish problem resolution and other tasks in a timely manner.
IPTL and EVMS experience
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) or relevant field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142835BR 142835 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.