The Advanced Concepts and Technology Mission Area in Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Principal Systems Engineer to provide technical support and expertise for the FVL (Future Vertical Lift) team. The position will reside in the System Engineering Integration & Test Center (SEIT) within the Advanced Architecture and Analysis section. This systems engineer will work amongst other Systems Engineers and will support the chief engineer, and lead systems engineer.
Job Related Activities:
Utilize Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and act as a subject matter expert enabling the team to efficiently adopt their use on the Future Vertical Lift program.System engineering tasks including defining system architecture, deriving requirements, developing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)Technical presentations to both internal and external customersCreate basis of estimate (BOE) documentation and support bidding processTechnical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration, and testInterface with team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basisConduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team leadEnsure the consistent application of engineering best practices and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes
Minimum of two years working with SysML, Rhapsody ®, Magic Draw ®, or similar MBSE tool set.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in engineering, Systems, Electrical or Software
* Experience working with both customer and internal resources
* Experience with requirements development
* Experience with systems integration and test plans
* Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
* Desired Skills:
* Experience with rotary wing military aircraft
* Integration of electronic systems onto aircraft
* Experience in supporting tech volumes for proposals
* Experience writing proposals, bidding, or generating basis of estimate documentation
* Experience with Doors
* Experience in writing ICDS and IDDs
* Worked a design development program using Agile Framework methodology
* Experience with open systems architecture (OSA)
* Experience writing white papers and responding to requests for information (RFIs)
* Required Education:
B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
M.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
136456 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.