The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) Mission Area. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The Lead Systems Engineer is the key technical interface to our customers and will be responsible for CONOPS development, architecture, and leading a team responsible for conducting trade studies, modeling and simulation, and generating / analyzing requirements. This position is located in Marlborough, MA.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering.
* The candidate will need to support and evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
* Ability to lead analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
* Must be able to work within a structured process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
* Technical experience with SATCOM, LOS/BLOS, and/or networking for ground based, ship, submarine, or airborne platforms
* Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for interfacing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
* Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Engineering tools (e.g., DOORS, Rhapsody, MATLAB), and peer review products.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
A Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree(s) in similar majors is highly desired
143720 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.