Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) provides cybersecurity and advanced intelligence solutions that strengthen our global customers' critical infrastructures, information systems and mission.
Raytheon is supporting a customer on a medium-sized mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. In support of the customer's strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for individuals who can support the protection of the customer environment.
The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Configures and manages LINUX and Windows operating systems using virtualization platform and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, virtualization implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Responsibilities will include:
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Perform installation, regular maintenance and troubleshooting on system.
* Maintain the integrity and security of IT system
* Create baseline virtual system through design, testing, implementation, and deployment.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Must have active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Krone, Bash, Python, Batch, VBScript, etc.
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows,Linux
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with Vmware, Virtualbox, or equivalent virtualization experience
* Must be able to work collaboratively with other systems engineers, network engineers, and developers
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of Information Assurance is preferre
* Six (6) or more years of system administration experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required.
[Ten (10) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.]
136428BR 136428 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.