Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Administrator with DevSecOps expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. The DevSecOps team is responsible for the Program's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) operating environment, automated and self-service Linux platform provisioning, and hybrid (public and private) cloud management.
* Building, testing, and administering highly available Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform clusters
* Assisting application teams with on-boarding to the OpenShift platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
* Supporting the Ansible Tower enterprise environment including engineering playbooks, training, and developing standards and guidelines for engineers in their use of Ansible
* Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision
* Supporting the development of system security documentation, as needed, on both new and deployed solutions
* Supporting the development, operations, and maintenance of new and deployed capabilities
* Must be a US Citizen
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 10+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, Windows, VMware
* Experience working with Red Hat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support
* Experience with Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
* Demonstrated skill with configuration management/scripting technology such as Chef and Puppet
* Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory or comparable substitutes
* Knowledge and experience with OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
* Capable of quickly learning, deploying, and integrating new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment
* Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
* Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
* Experience with the fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
* Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies.
* Experience with virtualized cloud environments (preferably VMware VSphere) including cloud management
* Meaningful experience with hybrid (public and private) cloud management
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Experience with software development using Java, RESTful services
* Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions
* Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
* Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets
* Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop.
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation
* Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development
* Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration
139590BR 139590 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.