At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. The position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, California.
The qualified individual will use software engineering best practices and standards to conduct incremental component level testing and integration of product to include:
* Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing formal and informal requirements
* Support development, component to component integration and execution of tests and problem reporting
* Document test execution metrics
* Perform troubleshoot and debugging of mission software
* Develop simulators and test scripts to support integration
* Interface regularly with co-contractors
* Interface on occasion with the customer
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
Willing to travel to customer site to support integration and demonstration activities. Approximately 30% travel expected.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM with 9 years of software engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in STEM with 7 years of software engineering experience, or a PhD's Degree in STEM with 4 years of software engineering experience
* Experience developing software in Java, C/C
* Experience with system/subsystem test and integration
* A current DoD Top Secret security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
* Security Accreditation
* Familiarity with C4ISR and Electronic Warfare systems
* Familiarity with DOORS and Rhapsody
* Familiarity with system engineering, architecture, design and testing processes and concepts.
* Familiarity/experience with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git, JIRA and Confluence
* Familiarity/experience with Cyber security concepts.
* Familiarity/experience with Agile software development process
* Familiarity/experience ActiveMQ messaging
* Familiarity/experience with XML
* Eclipse/Visual Studio or other integrated development environment (IDE)
* Knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Red Hat Linux systems with basic commands
* Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
* Ability to work in a small team and Integrated Product Team (IPT)
* Ability to obtain program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.