The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing and creating complex requirements, developing automated custom-tailored software build system, streamlining existing software development, test, integration, and release processes using the latest tools, identifying potential issues early for quick resolutions, and providing solutions based on sound software engineering and DevOps principles. Ability to understand and employ Raytheon software development process during each phase of the software development cycle.
* 10+ years' relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
* Experience in security software development using C and application to real time operating systems
* Familiar with object-oriented software development methodologies
* Familiar with software life cycle
* Strong Integration and Testing
* Active DoD/Secret clearance with ability to obtain SAP/SAR
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience with developing multi-threaded applications
* Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.)
* Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.)
* Understanding of agile software methodologies
* Background in cyber security or cryptography
* Experience in customer interface and presentation skills
* Good communication (oral and written) skills
* Familiar with modeling languages, e.g. UML
* TS clearance and existing SAP/SAR clearances
* Strong knowledge of COTS commercial standards and Open Mission Systems Standards
* Experience in embedded processor design, including background in the latest COTS embedded processor business trends and technical developments
* Familiar with real-time operating systems, e.g., VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Unix/Linux
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other technical degree
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 140257BR 140257 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.