This engineering position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and creativity. The Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineer influences the technical performance of all Systems Engineering activities in the fighter control radar product family, all engineering decisions impacting H/W, OFP, radar capabilities development, integration, verification, and work products delivery while ensuring the product meets all technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations.
The Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineer leads the development aspects of all development and production programs within the Fighter Control Radar product family which includes design completion and integration, performance analysis, critical trade studies, statistical performance modeling and predictions, flight test analysis, data reduction, and modes/capabilities verification to ensure requirements compliance.
The Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineer provides technical leadership of peer groups and technical mentoring to program engineers, including close coordination with the Program Chief Engineer (PCE), Lead Systems Engineer (LSE), and IPTL(s), while also working closely with the Program Manager as the interface between program management and Systems Engineering team to ensure a high level of team performance.
The Senior Principal Radar Systems reports to one of the Section Managers in the Tactical Radar Systems Department and is assigned to the Fighter Control Radar program area in Secured Sensor Solutions (SSS) Mission Area.
Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
* US Citizenship required as selected candidate will need a clearance day one of employment*
* Minimum 10 years of experience with the following areas related to radar systems: AESA radar development, architectural trade studies, signal processing, tactical radar sensor platform, A/A, A/G, synthetic aperture radar imaging, radar capabilities/performance prediction, flight test data analysis, integration and verification in SIL.
* Experience with all Gates and IPDS/IR processes to ensure technical and execution feasibility
* Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and Raytheon Management
* Experience with fighter control radar product family, radar H/W and S/W architecture, and mode development, integration, and verification
* Experience with physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware, and the ability to allocate high level performance requirements to the modes and hardware
* Experience providing technical leadership to an engineering team throughout the entire product life cycle
* Experience engaging team members and key stake-holders, with prior responsibility to achieve execution excellence and provide support to Program Chief Engineer (PCE), Lead Systems Engineer (LSE), and Program Manager (PM)
* Has led a technical team (team lead or task lead) on radar mode development, integration, and verification
* Active DoD Secret clearance
* US Citizenship
* Ability to access US Only Data
* EVMS Certification and strong knowledge of the Raytheon SAS Management System
* Knowledge of Systems level Concept of Operations
* F15, F18, Gen4/Gen4 radar experience
* Analysis which predicts overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget)
* Experience with proposal development, technical writing, product line technical roadmaps
* Work with customer(s) to understand requirements for system performance, quality, reliability, and top level costs.
* Strong relationships with internal and external resources
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field; advanced degree(s) preferred
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
130586 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.