If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 50240
The Senior Principal Network and Telecom engineer serves as the senior member of the networking organization that is responsible for network and telecom design, network security, deployment and operations. This position has responsibility for all network and telecom services, leading the implementation and operation of a global standards to provide these services to the Skyworks Business Community
The Senior Principal Network and Telecom engineer serves as the senior member of the networking organization that is responsible for network and telecom design, network security, deployment and operations. This position has responsibility for all network and telecom services, leading the implementation and operation of a global standards to provide these services to the Skyworks Business Community. The role will play a significant part in the delivering core networking and telecom services and drive the design and build of a resilient network. The role also involves collaboration with cross functional teams and delivering solutions that meet the enterprise needs. The candidate will report to the Manager of Networking and Telecom in an extremely fast-paced environment to support the continued development of a world-class IT organization.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Primary responsibility to develop, design, implement and maintain network / telephony infrastructure and security to support all identified business needs, including VOIP telephony system
* Owns solution design in support of project delivery, technology roadmap execution and third level support to Network Operations, including problem resolution
* Responsible for schedule, budget and quality of networking solutions
* Makes recommendations regarding operational improvements
* Maintenance and support of, LAN/WAN/VOIP architecture and network hardware, software, and applications
* Provide ongoing review of capacity requirements in order to align with budget planning
* Definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research
* Ensures up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories
* Work in concert with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution
* Coordinate and communicate closely with Senior management and Service Delivery teams during all outages
* Define the product services roadmap, and ensure vendors are adhering to the highest operational standards by supervising performance management procedures.
* Stays at the forefront of innovation by maintaining current knowledge of products, services, and market dynamics
* Utilizes monitoring, mapping and alerting software to proactively collect data and conduct real-time analysis of the performance of the network and telecom systems, mitigating business impacting events
* Maintains documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported by the network and telecom team; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
* Remains current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the Networking and Telecom team reporting to the Manager of Network and Telecom
* Minimum 8+ years experience working with advanced network and telecom systems
* Extensive experience in networking and network security with Cisco platforms.
* Professional certification such as the CCDP, CCNP, CCNA, CCDE or CCIE with an emphasis on switching, datacenters and/or security.
* Experience with SDN and SDWAN highly desired
* Experience with Unified Communication as a service is a plus
* ITIL certification a plus.
* Professional expertise in TCP and UDP mechanics including ability to interpret packet captures.
* Professional expertise in network protocols and services such as DNS, RPC, HTTP, IPSEC, Oos.
* Experience with Cisco switching/routing and advance LAN/WAN configuration for highly available systems.
* Integration with telecom provider services such as MPLS and SIP.
* Experience working with cross-functional and matrixed teams
* Proven history converting complex business processes into simplified system designs.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, certifications or equivalent experience
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple activities simultaneously
* Ability to use a wide degree of creativity and latitude to think differently, challenge conventional wisdom, and drive new best practices
* Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and software management tools
* Ability to work effectively with international teams
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Management
* Independent follow-through ability and keen attention to details
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
Skyworks is an innovator of high reliability analog and mixed signal semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks offers diverse standard and custom linear products supporting automotive, broadband, cellular infrastructure, energy management, industrial, medical, military and mobile handset applications. The Company's portfolio includes amplifiers, attenuators, detectors, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems, mixers/demodulators, phase shifters, PLLs/synthesizers/VCOs, power dividers/combiners, receivers, switches and technical ceramics. Working at Skyworks gives you a real opportunity to shape the company's future and the future of wireless.
Our work culture provides Skyworks with the business agility that breeds success. That culture is based on minimal layers of management, ease of collaboration, open communication and an entrepreneurial attitude of taking well-calculated risks. The result is fast decision-making and innovation.
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network Engineer, Cisco, Technology, Engineering
About Skyworks Solutions
Skyworks Solutions is a company that manufactures semiconductors for use in radio frequency (RF) and mobile communications systems.