Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Principal Engineer, Network.
* Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems. Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
* Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
* Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
* Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Provides assistance and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/ communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
* Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
* Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
* Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline.
Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise LAN/MAN/WAN environment.
* Four (4) years of experience in network administration and analysis.
* Experience working with appropriate complex network administration and maintenance.
* Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining network system documentation.
* Experience maintaining the integrity and security of networks and connected systems.
* Experience evaluating vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating installation.
* Experience in developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
* Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
* Certified as:Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA of hiring)
Security Clearance: Secret clearance required at time of hire based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years and Top Secret clearance required within six (6) months of hire.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.