Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer with a TS/SCI and Polygraph clearance. This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, supporting a large Cyber and Intel program. Our team is constantly learning new skills and evolving as we develop innovative mission solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud platforms.
The Network Engineer will be part of an infrastructure team that supports a physical infrastructure and is working towards environment transformations that leverage the Amazon Cloud Services.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Planning, design, and installation of network devices to support architecture designs, strategies and compliance. This individual must be collaborative and have good written and oral communication skills.
* Participation in the team review of network configuration prior to implementations
* Implementation of configuration changes
* Support and Maintenance activities
* User Service Requests - monitor, resolve, update and close tickets
* User Service Restoration Requests - monitor, resolve, update and close tickets
* Assist in documenting of network infrastructure component
* Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes
* Willingness to learn new technology to include Amazon networking related services.
Additional medical screening may be required based on customer requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9 years of experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, a PhD and a minimum of 4 years of experience, or a total of 13 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
* Working knowledge/understanding and analysis of data flows and OSI model
* Experience implementing a small to medium networking enterprise.
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting OSPF, EIGRP and BGP, DMVPN, GRE and IPSec tunnel.
* Experience with network related Cisco platforms: Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems and network management
* Knowledge of Cisco ASAs as VPN Concentrators
* Design, configure, test, and administer enterprise storage, backup and recovery services experience.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA) Routing and Switching (R/S)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (CCNP)
* Understanding of AWS cloud technology concepts such as VPC, VPC Peering, DirectConnect and EC2 instances
* Understanding of the process of migrating an on-premise infrastructure to AWS
* Experience using SolarWinds network monitoring tool
* AWS Certification / Hands-on Experience is a plus
* STEM Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.