Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Java Engineer - Oracle Master Customer Profile
The Master Customer Profile SaaS team at Oracle is committed on enabling our customer experience (CX) SaaS components to provide the most interactive, richest experience possible to our customers. This requires bringing together huge amounts of custom data from different sources and building a single, smart view of the customer and their activities, preferences and behaviors. Come join us in working with the rest of the Oracle MCP teams and big data technologies (Java, HDFS, Zookeeper, Kafka, Spark, etc.) to fullfill our vision.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree (or equiv) and 6 years of experience in distributed computing, with a preference for big-data related technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a team of top-notch engineers to deliver world class software. You should come prepared to learn a lot and help define and drive initiatives in a strong team that is helping Oracle become the #1 cloud provider in the world.
* Collaborate to create well-thought-out software designs
* Write solid, testable and maintainable code in Java that meets the functional specifications
* Be able to create RESTful web services using Java
* Design and code data schemas in a relational database using Java
* Collaborate with consumers and other team members to collect, understand and solve problems
* Develop unit and integration tests using Java testing frameworks
* Assist with build and deployment automation scripts
* Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
* Highly experienced and efficient programmer in Java
* Create thorough, coherant design documents to be shared and reviewed by team and consumers
* Thorough understanding of Java and related technologies
* - be able to explain how they work down to the core
* Experience with Big data technologies a plus
(Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Redis, Elastic Search, etc...)
* Experience writing well-maintainable RESTful web services
* Good knowledge of SQL and RDBMS database design and JDBC
* Real experience with testing, code review, provisioning (Chef/Ansible/etc.) frameworks
* Have spent time as part of an agile development team
* 6 years of industry experience
* BS/MS in computer science or related field
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.