At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of much technological advancement in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Qualified candidates must work as part of a team, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, possess the ability to plan ahead and be customer-support focused. Individuals must also have demonstrated ability to evaluate whether documents, instructions and procedures are being followed during execution and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Supports and leads software quality / Mission Assurance activities
* Represents Quality / Mission Assurance for all software development activities
* Develops, implements, reviews, and monitors program quality plans and procedures
* Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and process requirements
* Ensures that software products conform to established company and regulatory standards
* Reviews / approves contract deliverable reports for accuracy and compliance to required contract formats
* Reviews, analyzes and reports on software quality discrepancies related to the product(s) being delivered
* Investigates problems and documents corrective actions for recurring discrepancies
* Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met
* Recommends preventative/corrective actions, dispositions and modifications
* Participates in software milestone reviews to include design reviews, defect reviews and code reviews
* Performs internal audits and assessments to company/program requirements and industry standards
* Participates in test witnessing that includes preparations for test events, test monitoring, sign-off on final test reports, and surveillance of integration and testing labs and their activities
* Other duties, as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM field from an Accredited University
* 9 years of industry experience within one or more areas: Quality, auditing, manufacturing, engineering and/or software-related field
* Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results
* Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams
* Comfortable with Microsoft Office Tools
* Advance understanding of specific CMMI and ISO9001/AS9100 standards that will impact program performance
* Holds Interim Secret or Active Secret DoD Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
* Experience working within various software development lifecycles
* Familiar with software development in object-oriented programming languages such as JAVA, C , C#, or Ada
* Knowledge of various scripting languages and CM tools: JIRA, Python, MATLAB, etc.
* ISO 9001, T9001B, and/or AS9100 trained auditor and/or experience
* Advanced Microsoft Office Tools skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.