Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Software Engineer to support a NG DoD program. The Software Engineer will be a member of the Engineering & Sciences (E&S) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's missions. The Software Engineer position will be located in Herndon, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Serve as technical "faces" of the Northrop Grumman program as well as directly to the end customers; drive discussions with government customers and partners on analyzing and gathering requirements
* Define scope, priority and schedule; create and execute project plan; manage the projects from cradle to grave; stand up presentation and proof-of-concert systems
* Conduct demos for release capabilities to the customer at gate reviews
* Serve as the lead developer on designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging applications software and systems
* Collaborate with external customers, external partners and internal team members during the software development life cycle
* Lead the development team and provide technical guidance and solutions to a wide range of complex problems; contribute to the completion of specific programs and project
* Ensures software standards are met
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree and a minimum of 9 years related experience.
* Must have an active interim Secret Clearance or Secret Clearance
* Demonstrated customer-facing experience and knowledge
* Experience working on Java technologies
* Experience working with PL/SQL
* Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Lead
* Experience working with IDE (JDeveloper, Eclipse etc.)
* Knowledge of Application Servers, such as WebLogic,
* Knowledge of XML, REST web applications, web services
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS)
* Knowledge of Windows, Linux Operating Systems.
* Knowledge of Fortify, HP ALM, Jenkins, GitHub etc.
* Knowledge of DoD financial processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.