At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer position to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will executing tasks in requirements development and management as well as develop functional system architectures.
Integrated Functional Capability (IFC) Systems Engineer. This individual will provide systems engineering mentality ensuring an overall system level approach as well as considerations to cost and schedule. Tasking includes the allocation and planning of IFC content (predominantly software, but hardware is considered). The content includes, but is not limited to new capabilities and PAR fixes in order to meet program requirements.
The IFC Systems Engineer is also expected to work hand in hand with the Chief Engineer, IPTs, and other stakeholders. Other tasking includes: Coordination of IFC plans through the NGC approval process, ensuring successful TRRs as the lead stakeholder, works with IPTs to ensure implementation designs are appropriate, meet schedule, coordinate and address dependencies and risks associated to the IFC, understand implementation and managing it to the approved baseline, review test verification level allocation, works with the integration test teams and verification teams to qualify the IFC and release, coordinates the formal release of the IFC and works with Change Management and Logistics to ensure a smooth release and deployment.
* Responsible for coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems in establishing and managing the technical baseline in support of review milestones
* Requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Execute Model Based Systems Engineering methods and create SysML/UML artifacts
* Exhibit strong leadership characteristics in coordinating with multiple teams and managing tasks.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and at least 9 years of Engineering experience OR at least 7 years with Master's Degree in STEM discipline
* Experience with requirements development and requirements management
* Must have Systems Engineering experience
* An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Master's degree
* Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
* Knowledge of Integrated Functional Capability (IFC) Process
* Active, in-scope program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.