At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Aerospace Sector, Military & Civil Space Systems Division in Azusa CA, is in need of a qualified systems engineer with an emphasis in IR radiometry for the next generation Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) space program to perform key assignments developing and testing several new payloads over the next several years. The position requires solid payload systems technical knowledge with experience in IR radiometric calibration and analysis, tool development, integration and test design and support, and performance simulations and modelling. Technical understanding in payload operations and the OPIR missile defense mission are strongly recommended.
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
* 5 or more years of exempt level engineering experience in the design and testing of EO/IR payload systems
* Experience with MATLAB
* Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
* Knowledge of and experience with the SBIRS Program
* Experience with IR radiometric analysis, calibration, testing, modeling & simulations
* Familiarity with commonly used tools in both MS Windows & Unix environments
* Proficiency in MATLAB
* Active TS or SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.