At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Lead Senior Java Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA and we are looking for a highly-motivated and hands-on engineer with experience leading a team in a process-oriented software development environment. Successful candidates should be able to execute on minimal direction and demonstrate the initiative to lead and solve complex problems in a team environment.
* Lead a team of developers and integrators focused on delivering software products as part of an IFC.
* ScrumMaster responsible for coordinating Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Demos, and Release Planning.
* Provide technical guidance throughout the development cycle including design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release.
* Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of software engineering experience OR PhD's Degree in STEM and 4 years of software engineering experience
* Direct experience developing Java applications
* An active DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain program access
* Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
* Experience developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
* Previous program experience
* Prior Agile experience
* Communicate widely and effectively both verbally and through email, documents and presentations
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.