At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Some of the world's most technically advanced products are manufactured by employees, who work within Northrop Grumman Missions Systems, a leading provider of sensor systems for a variety of global security applications, including situational awareness and self-protection.
Northrop Grumman manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated, either directly or indirectly, with the
manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Test Equipment Planning & Sustainment team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Implement complex algorithms and integrating software with hardware primarily using software products; object oriented designs (OOD) in C , Visual Studio environment, and C#.
* Design and develop new software using object oriented methods.
* Troubleshoot complex software problems in existing manufacturing equipment, then develop solutions.
* Maintain and update existing software applications.
* Collaborate with hardware engineering, manufacturing engineering and manufacturing end-users to provide robust and user friendly applications.
* Analyze and document system/software design and requirements.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer
challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics related discipline with 14 years of relevant experience, or Master's in STEM with 12 years of relevant years of experience.
* The candidate will have excellent verbal and written communications as well as good technical and procedural documentation skills.
* Experience with formal software life cycle development methodologies, requirements through test.
* Comfortable with software development and integration in Lab Environments.
* Experience with building software projects using Microsoft Visual Studio and development in C and Object Oriented C /C# & MFC targeting the Windows PC environment.
* Experience with Embedded Software environments - Greenhills Integrity, VxWorks 653 operating systems.
* Must be proficient in documenting software architectures and designs using modeling methods and diagraming techniques facilitated by UML, Rhapsody, Mathworks, Simulink, or equivalent methods, processes and toolsets.
* Experience with the Matlab programming language.
* Experience developing software for hardware control & experience with troubleshooting equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMMs).
* Familiarity with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
* Experience with development of embedded applications and operating systems including Windows, VxWorks, Green Hills, ARINC-653, Linux and Unix.
* Experience with Mil-Std -1553, ARINC-429, Discrete I/O, and Ethernet protocols.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.