Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Development Environment Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers. If challenge, growth, and the ability to have a positive impact on your customer and fellow team members is something that interests you, this job is worth your consideration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Establishes and maintains the Development Environment approach and capabilities to be used on the Program, including working with the customer to obtain and maintain the tools and services necessary to enable effective software engineering
* Responsible for all engineering tools in the Development environment, such as those used for requirements management, design, model-based engineering, engineering collaboration, technical planning, configuration management, IDEs, and associated add-ons and plug-ins
* Installs, manages, patches/updates, provides problem resolution, and supports developers in the use of development tools used on the Program
* Plans for future development environment needs based on existing and anticipated work to be performed
* Works closely with the DevSecOps Lead to ensure that tools and processes work effectively together
* Coordinates with the government and/or other providers to ensure that adequate infrastructure and tools are available to support user needs
* Participates in requirements management, configuration management, and other software engineering activities as appropriate
* The Development Environment Lead reports to the System Team Manager
* Local travel may be required up to 10% of the time
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field and nine (9) years' experience
* At least three years' experience with primary responsibility for maintaining a similar development environment
* Experience managing a development environment utilizing the IBM Collaborative Life-cycle Management (CLM) suite of tools, including Rational Team Concert (RTC) and DOORS Next Generation (DOORS-NG)
* Experience with MBE and system modeling tools such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, or Cameo
* Experience supporting an Agile development program
* Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be acceptable.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Experience having planned and established a similar development environment
* Experience supporting Agile software development teams; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience a plus
* Experience using other IBM CLM-related tools
* Experience using development environments and tools that support Agile development, and especially SAFe, such as JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, Confluence
* Experience working with or supporting a DevOps tool chain
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.