Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified Database Developers to become part of its team supporting a suite of software applications for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program in Northern Virginia.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Lead the data analysis and development efforts for new client implementations and system enhancements
* Design logical and physical data models
* Document / update data model (using Erwin), Extract Transform and Load (ETL) specifications, system designs, and Implementation Plans (IP)
* Develop, test, and deploy ETL modifications in order to meet the detailed acceptance criteria and customer requirements.
* Execute and monitor ETL processes to ensure all components function properly
* Maintain and optimize ETL configuration and baseline
* Troubleshoot issues with ETL connections, performance, or other errors
* Participates in the agile ceremonies and interface with the agile team(s) and other program staff as required.
* Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior members of the team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
All work will be performed on site at DHS offices in Northern Virginia. Some travel between local DHS sites may be required.
* 9 years related experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 7 years with a Master's Degree in Computer Science Math or Engineering related degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a DHS security clearance.
* Experience with Database optimization, performance, data integrity, consistency, security and privacy
* Experience with Data Migration
* Experience with designing logical and physical data models
* Understand the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Active DHS or DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Knowledgeable with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., SAFe Agilist , CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP) is especially desirable
* Experience with JIRA/Confluence
* Experience deploying and maintaining national-security applications in a 24/7 environment
* Minimum of 5 years' Oracle Database Design and PL/SQL Development experience
* Minimum of 2 years' experience designing and executing complex data queries utilizing diverse data sources as well as both structured and unstructured data
* Minimum of 2 years' of strong development skill using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as Bulk collections, dynamic SQL, and parallel processing
* Experience with migration and/or deploying databases solutions in a AWS cloud environment
* Experience delivering data pipelines and managing resulting data stores using managed cloud services
* Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
* Hands on experience with Informatica, Amazon Redshift, SAP Data Services, SAP BW/HANA, SAS Data Management, Oracle Warehouse Builder and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) SAP Data Services
* Knowledge of machine learning tools and concepts
* Experience in developing logical and physical data models using data modeling tools such as Erwin
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.