Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide,
Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can
be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Biometrics Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Transforming the future of technology, the qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's National Security Solutions Operating Unit. This position will support the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD). This position is located in Northern Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Design and conduct performance tests for biometric capture systems
* Analyze user requirements, concepts of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications and detailed design artifacts.
* Provide the vision of the ultimate goals and mission needs for the customer as well communicate this vision to the team.
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Facial Recognition and other Biometrics functions on the program
* Perform on-site installation, configuration, and monitoring of biometric capture devices at points of entry within the United States
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* US Citizenship is required.
* Experience working in the field of Biometrics.
* Demonstrated ability to apply statistics, mathematics, and engineering basic skills to biometrics related problems.
* Experience with biometric sensors including face detection software development kits and face capture devices.
* Knowledge of Agile Development.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Bachelors in Biometric Systems
* Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Experience developing statistical models of biometric systems
* Experience designing and delivering facial biometric capture systems
* Current, active Top Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.