Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission-critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking Sr. Principal Agile Release Train (ART) System Integration & Test (I&T) Engineers to support the Agile-based design, development, integration, testing, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Sr. ART I&T Engineer applies the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) agile development techniques when performing integration and test. The Engineer will develop and lead continuous integration activities in close coordination with the agile development teams and other teams on the program. Test plans and procedures are created early, in small increments, often before software is written. The ART I&T Engineer will collaborate with developers to create the appropriate automated and manual tests for software, interfaces, features, stories, workflows, etc. This continuous test process will be supported by industry-leading tools and techniques. As appropriate and necessary, the ART I&T engineer will generate or support the generation of documentation on the test plans and other integration and test artifacts.
* Defines, plans and performs integration and test assignments for large scale, complex, cloud-oriented software and hardware systems
* Establishes automated and manual test methods and techniques, develops test plans and requirements, writes test procedures and reports, and conducts tests
* Participates in test readiness reviews and design reviews
* Applies software development experience and knowledge to ensure test validity, integrity, quality, and execution
* Conducts tests which include collaborating closely with others in establishing language, database, and computer requirements along with configuration management techniques
* Performs test planning and implementation using state-of-the-art technologies and processes (e.g. SAFe or similar)
* Develops and maintains test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
* Analyzes test results and is able to accurately discuss them with management and teams
* Documents and keeps program management informed of deviations from customer requirements
* U.S. Citizenship
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 10+ years of directly relevant experience with manual and automated testing, ideally in an agile environment
* Excellent and applicable experience with Agile Continuous Development / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery along with hands-on experience with automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, Cucumber, and other industry-leading tools and techniques
* 4+ years experience developing software with Java or similar language in an agile environment
* Hands-on and meaningful experience with automated test tool, Selenium preferred
* Experience with requirements development and management along with associated tools (e.g. DOORS)
* Ability to plan and conduct security testing
* Meaningful and relevant experience in developing test procedures
* Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes
* Able to generate I&T docs and other test-related documentation
* Excellent teamwork skills including ability to work well with agile development teams, customers, and coworkers at all levels
* Ability to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
* Hands-on DevOps or DevSecOps experience
* Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
* Experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL
* DHS experience
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
* Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer (RTE), Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
* Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) or similar
137285 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.