Sr. Performance Test Architect - INF001282
The Sr. Performance Test Architect is responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic direction to the organization in the area of application performance solutions. This role will contribute to the planning, execution, analysis, and tuning efforts to deliver high-performing end to end applications. The Sr. Performance Test Architect works as a liaison in requirement sessions and user story creation to ensure that performance requirements, approaches, tools and techniques are built into a relevant performance test methodology for the solution. The Performance Test Architect owns collaboration across IS teams to ensure a proper handoff to the Performance Test Lead.
* Provides subject matter expertise in performance monitoring, tuning, analysis and diagnostics.
* Partners with the application architects to identify specific infrastructure components (hardware, software, database, etc.) for architectural and tuning improvements; define and document volumetric requirements across a variety of functional domains.
* Partners with key stakeholders to conduct code reviews, technical specification reviews and define architecture to improve network and system performance.
* Conducts technical assessment as part of a proof of concept.
* Develops and communicates performance, load and stress testing goals, priorities, and status.
* Develops metrics for monitoring increased performance and scalability.
* Provides guidance for performance test initiatives that take a true end-to-end focus on ensuring client side, server tiers, database and data integration jobs are performing as expected.
* Conducts performance prototyping, system capacity modeling and projections, performance driven design, application profiling and base-lining to measure and improve system performance.
* Evaluate and research emerging performance tuning methodologies, monitoring tools, processes and technologies
* Proactively develops and implements organization-wide quality process initiatives to manage and improve infrastructure performance.
* Recommends best practices and ensure adherence to the best practices.
* Provides training/mentoring/educating of team members.
* Provides oversight and guidance in the formal test execution process.
* Works collaboratively with other project team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
* Bachelor's degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience required
* 6+ years of experience as Performance Architect
* 7+ years of experience in designing, developing Performance Tests strategy using industry standard tools such as LoadRunner, JMETER, and Service Virtualization tools such as CA Lisa tool
* Experience with cloud based performance test services
* Strong experience in working with system analysts and business partners to establish response time and TPS requirements and creating tests that accurately measure against them
* Ability to give detailed analysis of client side performance of both web and mobile applications
* Must have: experience with performance diagnostics, performance architecture design, performance tuning, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and/or software development in a n-tier environment
* Experience designing discipline that resolves critical and complex application performance issues. Identifies and drives optimization changes in the application design to improve customer experience for mission/business critical IT applications
* Experience establishing Performance Planning Strategy that outlines Current Production Workload distribution, Performance Requirements and Test/Production Environment Requirements and Performance Optimization results
* Demonstrated experience in monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems in high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
* Very good understanding of networking and architectural frameworks and methodologies, a working knowledge of design and implementation of systems software as well as the internals of the system in order to produce the best possible system availability and performance.
* Hands on experience with various APM tools such as HPD, Wiley, App Dynamics, SPLUNK, etc.
* Experienced in creating Performance Engineering strategies, assessing and defining Non Functional Requirements, Designing Workload Model by analyzing production statistics
* Communicates effectively and has the ability to influence others
* Strong time management and organization skills
* Current with industry trends in performance and load testing tools, processes and techniques
* Experience working in the Telecom Industry, a plus.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About U.S. Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.