The Senior Performance Testing Engineer performs and leads testing of multiple, large, complex, or strategic software development applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As well, this role tests solutions in response to changing business or project needs. The Senior Performance Testing Engineer aids in the identification of continuous process improvement of QA standards, and practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Design Performance Test Scripts for enterprise applications based on Requirements
* Participate in Performance bottleneck analysis and fixes
* Perform Performance Engineering & Performance Improvement activities
* Communicate progress and issues through regular Status Reports
* Collaborate with Business/ Application teams to improve system performance
* Assume primary responsibility as Performance Testing Point of Contact (POC)
* Execute testing.
* Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholders.
* Execute benchmark, load, stress, endurance and other non-functional tests. Monitor application logs to determine system behavior. Address all technical issues; facilitate the resolution and all necessary follow up with Development and other cross-functional departments.
* Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, and DB Parameters and DB
* Reports to verify the performance of the applications.
* Generate performance graphs, session reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis.
* Publish results and receive appropriate signoff
* Prepare detail status reports, and monitoring of all defects and issues.
* Identifying memory leakage, connection issues & bottleneck problem in the application.
* Plan, develop, execute and maintain test cases.
* Provide regular and timely status updates on testing progress including quality metrics.
* Document and report defects within established process and tracking system.
* Manage defects reporting process for project.
* Coach and mentor Performance Test Engineers and other stakeholders in Software
* Quality Assurance processes and Performance Testing techniques.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
* 5-7 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.).
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology.
Other Required Qualifications
* Track record of successfully leading multiple, or large-scale QA projects, including planning, estimating and prioritizing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with project stakeholders and senior leadership.
* Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
* Experience with the full software development life cycle, testing methodologies, version control systems, and quality assurance
* Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills with strong oral, written and presentation skills
* Ability to interact with all disciplines of the IT organization and Business Partners
* Functional Testing
* Experience in the designing and implantation of Software Quality Assurance standards and practices.
* Proficient in requirements analysis, design, risk analysis, and prioritization skills on multiple or large sized software development projects.
* Automated Regression Testing
* Demonstrated experience in the design, and maintenance of automated testing frameworks.
* Performance Testing
* Demonstrated experience in the design and maintenance of performance testing frameworks.
* Demonstrated experience in the execution and maintenance of performance regression test suites and project specific testing.
* Proficient in Hewlett-Packard (HP) / Micro Focus LoadRunner & Performance Center.
* Expertise in Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Work Load Design, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management & Configuration Management.
* Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines.
* Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
* Design, develop, maintain testing framework for automated performance and stress testing.
* Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours for installations, implementations, and upgrades.
* Expertise in designing complex SQL queries to create data access layers in automation solution
* Experience with unit testing, business layer testing and system integration testing
* Solid understanding of object oriented concepts and principals
* Proficiency to architect an automation solution analyzing its design, development, and implementation
* Excellent knowledge of software design techniques and automation coding practices
CDW is a company that provides integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.