Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking to hire a Sr. PC Network Support Technician on our cohesive, high-performing IT team in Redmond, WA.
The Senior PC Network Support Technician is responsible for specialized technical work on network based computer software and hardware systems and performs daily customer focused ad hoc tasks as assigned. The Senior PC Network Support Technician acts as the primary IT contact who will be managing incoming incident and service requests. The ideal candidate has great customer service and communication skills with a passion for IT, is able to work in a fast-paced environment, and has a broad IT knowledge of Windows environments and networking concepts.
* Provide Senior Level Service Desk troubleshooting support for incoming incidents, service requests, and telephone coverage, remotely or at users' workspace.
* Manage and create work orders through the IT Service Desk ticketing system accurately assigning impact and urgency levels, setting the appropriate priority in accordance with management instructions, and escalating issues when unable to resolve in a reasonable amount of time
* Maintaining close contact and open communication with customers and other IT teams until incidents or requests have been resolved.
* Document incidents accurately, consistently, and thoroughly to ensure a concise problem statement when creating work orders to document an accurate root cause at the conclusion and throughout the ticket life cycle
* Proactively monitor the infrastructure to identify and resolve incidents before downtime occurs utilizing Solar Winds
* Requisition computer stock, configure, install and data transfer of approved standard hardware and software in adherence to Crane Aerospace & Electronics rules and naming conventions
* Provide repairs of computer hardware coordinating service calls with vendor support as needed.
* Resolve more complex issues which require detailed systems and desktop application knowledge and expertise
* Support and troubleshoot desktop and/or enterprise application software
* Assist in troubleshooting of local LAN/WAN performance and outage issues to isolate root cause. Coordinate escalations to provide additional assistance for issue resolution.
* Provide network cable patching of endpoints within the network closets and data centers, ensuring the patch cables are utilizing built in cable management that meets cabling standards.
* Provide remote hands to the Infrastructure teams to support physical access to servers, storage and networking equipment.
* Escort vendors into secure network closets and data centers to perform onsite repair or maintenance of equipment.
* Ensure network closets and data centers are maintained in accordance with established requirements.
* Keep all removable media identified for destruction, including hard drives, USB keys and tapes in approved and secure locations.
* Coordinate with the Infrastructure team for the data destruction of removable media
* Perform Microsoft Windows user profile migrations and workstation configuration maintenance
* Maintain inventory of hardware and log of support calls in the companies help desk management system
* Utilize approved vendor utilities for analysis, diagnostics & asset tracking (e.g., Active Directory, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, enterprise antivirus & security products, Microsoft Remote Desktop)
* Provide support for Telecommunications and mobile devices (e.g., provides support for conference calling, video conferencing & web-based conferencing; supports conference phones, audio visual equipment, WebEx and Skype)
* Produce weekly reports on work order metrics, inventory, etc.
* Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment, responding to changing priorities
* Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (sometimes virtually)
* Experienced with using IT ticketing systems
* Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
* Able to work with minimal supervision
Minimum Qualifications :
* Experience : 5+ years relevant experience in companies of comparable size and organizational complexity
* Knowledge : Advanced technical knowledge of computer equipment operation, testing, and maintenance, data network systems, software installation, upgrading, and support, Microsoft operating systems, computer deployments and system imaging and license management.
* Skills/Abilities : Strong customer service skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to work effectively on a team that may be remote and harmoniously with staff, fellow employees and user community; Skill in troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving
* Education/Certification : Associate degree in Computer Science or related field, OR 6+ years of relevant experience
Employment Eligibility Requirement :
* Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
* Starting June 2019 this position will be located at our site in Lynnwood, WA
About Crane :
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
Crane Co. reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of accountability and responsibility. This description should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.