We're here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We're here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
SENIOR PAID SEARCH SPECIALIST
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Paid Search Specialist will drive client development, paid search process improvement, and SEM industry knowledge for the assigned region. This includes day-to-day operations, client deliverables, relationship management, issue resolution, and the retention of select key accounts. The Senior Search Strategist will play an active role in delivering innovative and strategic PPC strategies worthy of Raving Fan service. The ideal candidate is solutions oriented around regional sales and account needs. In addition, the Sr. Search Strategist is responsible for proactive development of POVs and case studies. The Senior Search Strategist effectively demonstrates leadership to more junior team members.
The Search Specialist does NOT create SEO strategy nor are they involved in the development of a paid search technology. The Search Specialist should expect to work alongside sales and media services and should not expect to interface with engineers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Paid Search is a growing component of the region's revenue. Paid Search services include a full suite of account strategy, management, reporting/ analysis, and optimization to our various partners. The Senior Search Strategist will report to the Associate Director.
* 10% of the time: in-market with clients, partners, and sales. Some travel to regional offices and client meetings may be required
* 30% of the time :: strategy collaboration with internal teams including: sales, media services, Digital Innovations and RTB
* 60% of the time :: day-to-day management, analysis, and execution of paid search in addition to identifying opportunities to improve paid search revenue potential
* Manage the region's largest search business
* Regularly attend and contribute thought leadership to client meetings; oversee the growth of assigned clients
* Conduct reporting reviews, "storytelling" via data and analysis
* Effectively communicate needs, KPIs, and expectations for driving campaign success
* Identify internal process improvements to increase efficiency and scalability
* Develop relationships with engine and technology partners to act as an ambassador for the paid search team
* Test beta opportunities and advanced targeting tactics for education of the larger regional team
* Partner closely with Account Leads and Media Strategists to understand agency relationships and new business pipelines - aiding in creation of "smarter" digital media buys
* Speak to implications of larger media plans and various digital partners as it relates to SEM strategy and performance
* Examples: baseline knowledge of SEO, role of display advertising, mobile technologies, client owned tech integrations
* Contribute to troubleshooting analytics questions and third party integrations
* Aid in solutions as the first escalation point to create workarounds and lasting relationships within the Media Services organization (resolve customer concerns and issues).
* Communicate development opportunities for Strategists and Coordinators up to regional Supervisor/ AD
* Develop whitepapers and proactively identifies case studies, as needed
* 3+ years with direct experience executing daily management Paid Search campaigns
* 2+ years experience in client facing role
* Google AdWords certified
* Working knowledge of bid management technology required (i.e. Kenshoo)
* Mastered expertise in Paid Search optimization, analysis and advanced strategy
* This includes experience running beta tests, Google Shopping, Gmail Sponsored Promotions, RLSA
* Proven record of defining achievable paid search KPIs (CPA or ROI required)
* Ability to manage a heavier and more complicated workload
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Persuasive presentation skills
* Demonstrates confidence in setting expectations, probing for more, and understanding the "why" behind business implications. Being adaptable/flexible is key within this role.
* Detail oriented. The ideal candidate will not get overwhelmed managing multiple projects at once under tight turnaround times.
* Can show examples of issue resolution, process improvements
* Proven ability to create and maintain relationships throughout the workplace, creating "raving fans" (both clients and internal teams)
* History of managing up as needed, having a strong voice to act as an escalation point on day to day needs
* Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices, a plus
* Agency experience, a plus
* Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.