Astute Business Solutions is an Oracle Cloud Select partner focused on helping PeopleSoft, EBS, JDE and OBIEE clients migrate and manage their application workloads on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. We are the leading Oracle partner for Lift and Shift PeopleSoft to OCI and we are rapidly expanding our Cloud capabilities to Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Management Cloud, Exadata Cloud Service and Oracle Digital Assistant (Chatbots). We are currently looking for a highly motivated individuals who want to transform their careers with Oracle Cloud to join our team.
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Location: Plano, TX
To be successful in this role, the following is Essential Knowledge:
* Experience working with Oracle advanced features such as Real Application Cluster (RAC), Data Guard, Golden Gate and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
* Backup and recovery processes and technologies using Oracle RMAN
* Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle Data Guard environments for disaster recovery and standby
* Database and SQL performance tuning and optimization
* Oracle Database 12c or higher experience.
* Broad technical knowledge of on-premise and cloud infrastructure solutions for Oracle DB
* Knowledge in creating and maintaining shell-scripts
* Working knowledge of PL/SQL
* Deep understanding of database encryption technologies (TDE)
* Deep experience with Oracle DB Container and Pluggable DBs
* Troubleshoot and resolve DB configuration and performance issues
* Provide support onsite, offshore, offsite to US and Global Customers
* Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Database Cloud Service (DBaaS) is a huge plus
* AWS Amazon Redshift experience is good to have
* System Analysis & Design skills - knowledge of data flow diagrams, data dictionary techniques, CASE tools, Entity-relation modeling and design techniques, enhance the Oracle professionals scope of ability.
* Database Design skills - Require knowledge of database normalization theory, STAR schema design, and data modeling techniques.
* Physical Disk Storage skills - Understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers, and disk load balancing are beneficial to any Oracle professional.
* Data Security skills - An understanding of relational database security including role-based security is useful, especially for US Government positions.
* Backup and Recovery skills - Recovery methods involve third-party software (Veritas, Legato, ADSM), and the candidate should have real-world experience implementing backup and recovery methods.
* Change Control Management skills - Knowledge of third-party change control tools such as the UNIX Source Code Control System (SCCS) is beneficial.
* 5+ years Oracle DBA on multiple instances Oracle 11g/12c
* 3+ Experience in maintaining multi tenant databases and CDB's and PDB's etc
* 5+ years in db programming, shell scripting
* 5+ years in DB automation with shell scripts, OEM, other
* Good documentation skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
* Experience with Linux/Unix OS and shell scripting
* Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong project planning and estimating skills related to area of expertise