As part of the team at Q you will work alongside a highly skilled group of scientists on cutting edge technology in the measurement, modeling, and analysis of complex processes that take place in human physiology.
Q draws upon engineering, computer science, biology, physics, and applied mathematics to develop multi-scale models of human physiology, in order to create innovative algorithms and tools that allows us to better characterize and understand human health and its pathologies. We offer the opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment, in order to build a world where each generation is healthier than the last.
* Build and maintain a high performance optimization framework for systems with 100's of millions of variables
* Develop novel AI-based optimization algorithms for multi-physics simulations
* Contribute to the development of intellectual property
* Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in the space of optimization and machine learning
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math or equivalent experience
* Hands-on experience implementing advanced signal processing techniques related to Iterative reconstruction methods for inverse problems (primal-dual optimization, augmented Lagrangian, etc.)
* Mathematical optimization (large scale convex / non-convex optimization, stochastic optimization, etc.)
* Supervised learning methods (linear and logistic regression, generalized linear models, support vector machines, graphical models, neural networks / deep learning, etc.)
* 5+ years working in C/C++
* 1+ years working in Python
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Relentless, self-motivated creative problem solver
* Able to work effectively in high-pressure, fast-moving team environment
* Experience in biomedical imaging
* Background in scientific computing
* Experience developing applications with MPI/OpenMP
* CUDA programming experience
* Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
* Competitive salary and equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
* Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
* Hands-on experience with cutting edge biotech tools, techniques and data including Genomics, Transcriptomics, Epigenetics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Microbiomics, Radiomics
* We have Superconducting Magnets!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.