Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Mission Analysis Modeling & Simulation engineer to support Operations Analysis across the SAS portfolio of leading edge, high-tech mission systems. Looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to develop computer models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects of SAS products in complex threat environments. Models will generate analytical solutions to identify technology gaps, create technology roadmaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios.
The Sr. Ops Modeling & Simulation Engineer Candidate will develop modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies. The Sr. Ops Modeling & Simulation Engineer Candidate will design, develop, and verify simulations, execute analysis plans and generate work products that inform system research and development and new business initiatives. The Sr. Ops Modeling & Simulation Engineer will work with system analysts and mission analysts to ensure that the model meets the operational requirements.
US Citizenship is required as selected candidate will need a US Security clearance day one of employment
* Minimum of 4 years or equivalent engineering experience
* Experience with computer modeling and simulation
* Proficient with modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, etc.)
* Proficiency in either Linux or Windows Operating Systems
* Familiarity with RADAR, Electronic Warfare, or EO/IR systems
* Experience with modern software development environments
* Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
* Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
* U.S. Citizenship
* Experience with scientific computing environments such as MATLAB, Simulink, STK or ExtendSim
* Experience with virtual simulation environments such as MaK VR Forces, Vega Prime, Ondulus, or RMS Gensim
* Familiarity with standard government developed tools such as: AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, or ESAMS.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Python
* Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
* Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
* Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
* Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
* Leadership experience
* BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
* MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142701BR 142701 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.