As a Senior Network Engineer/Architect for our Central Operations team in Dallas/Fort Worth, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and reporting on Network strategy and procedures. You will identify key areas of opportunity while managing the logical and physical IT Network. You will work with cutting edge technology and provide technical architecture and implementation.
A week in the life of a Senior Network Engineer/Architect:
* You will research and develop standards for architecture and engineering to be used by other IT support groups.
* You will provide engineering leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security.
* You will be building capabilities for monitoring, alerting, automation, migrating and self-healing networks.
* You will act as Network advisor for Central Ops worldwide on all layers (Networking& Firewalling).
* You will lead & own future Firewall(s) migration to NGFW(s).
* You will be hands-on in network design, engineering, monitoring, circuit provisioning, vendor management, and troubleshooting.
* You will participate in customer facing calls & meetings related to troubleshooting or design new solutions from network side.
* You will participate in industry standard audits (PCI, SOX, GSMA).
* You will create and maintain network documentation, network maps, and network processes.
* You will monitor changes to the overall risk profile and critical consumer systems.
* You will focus on emerging technologies in the mobile and internet channels.
* You will ensure processes meet business requirements and system goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* To succeed at this job, you must have: a strong background in Network Administration and Architecture, a strong experience on Network switches and firewalls management, experience with all LAN and WAN technologies and VPN, experience with monitoring and logging tools like Nagios and NMS, working knowledge of deploying and managing networks in a SaaS/Cloud environment, strong TCP/IP stack knowledge, and you must be highly skilled with routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), IPSEC, NAT and NAC configuration. Strong experience in Dual Multi-Homed ISP setup & Public IPs (IPv4 & IPv6) management.
* It would be preferred if you have CCSA, CCSE, PCNSE, NSE or equivalent certification.
* You must be fluent in English.
* We would like someone to join our team who is a strong individual contributor, a strong written and verbal communicator, and a team leader & player.
* You must have a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
* We are looking for someone with a combined 8-12 years of experience as a Network Engineer/Architect, with 8-12 years of experience in Firewall (Checkpoint, Palo Alto & FortiGate), and 8 years of experience working with F5 Load balancers.
* Implement and act in accordance with Gemalto's information security policies.
* Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference.
* React & help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees
* Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
* Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your Resume!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto, a Thales company, positions, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.