As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
A Little About Us
The Oath Network Infrastructure team is responsible for the core Infrastructure and shared services required to support all Yahoo properties globally. We design and build scalable, high-performance networks, provide long-term storage strategy and
automation, manage global name resolution and routing, provide capacity and
performance consultation for Yahoo properties, and manage Yahoo-wide UNIX
distributions and components.
A Lot About You
Oath's Network Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a senior technical
member to build and maintain its global infrastructure. This person will work with internal and external customers to gather requirements, provide guidance and network design support. This position requires a highly technical person that has a deep understanding of routing protocols, good operational experience and the ability to isolate, analyze and resolve issues.
* Document, and Support end-to- end networking solutions to support global deployment of Yahoo services including Global backbone-WAN, Metro, Data Center-LAN
* Implementation on newly introduced technologies, designs, and equipment
* Contribute to the evaluate of new platforms for Yahoo networking including development of test plans for current and next generation platforms, working closely with test engineers through test cycles, and partner with industry vendors on next generation platforms that will meet Yahoo's needs in the future platform selection
* Continued support for all Yahoo technology, design, and platforms
* Contributed automation code for network configuration and troubleshooting
You Must Have
* Experience with large scale global network environments with 5 to 8 years experience
* Experience with Juniper and Cisco is required
* Experience with configuration automation and deployment is a plus
* Experience in TCP/IP, L2/L3 protocols, LAN, Spanning-tree, WAN, Metro, IPv4, IPv6, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS
* Excellent problem resolution skills
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.