We are looking for Network Engineer in the Stores domain who will have direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc's Network Architecture, Operation & Engineering deliverables across global fleet of Stores. You'll be able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various operating teams. You'll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out goals that positively impact our Store network engineering and operations functions.
* You will interface with other network primes; internally and externally to GAP and be directly engaged with network design, planning, implementation, and security.
* Able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously with or without designated Technical Project Managers.
* Provide final-tier support for highly impacting network related issues and events
* Responsible for development of network standards with a focus on platform, hardware, software and configuration methodologies
* Responsible for Network Architecture, operations and engineering within production and non-production environments across a global footprint.
* BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
* 8 years experience of recent operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies, specifically Cisco.
* Must have excellent network WAN protocol experience: SONET, Broadband, T1, DWDM, Dark Fiber, WAVE
* Must have excellent knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
* Must have superior network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP
* Excellent written and communication skills. Creative problem solving abilities
* Advanced knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within Enterprise, WAN or Data Center. Proven experience in Wireless technologies and security practices