At Weyerhaeuser, we are the world's premier timber, land, and forest products company. Sustainability is the founding concept of our business and our values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about sustainability - we led it in the forestry industry when we planted our first seedling by hand in 1938. We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world - from the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience and pride. That's the Weyerhaeuser way.
Our IT team is on a mission to continue transforming the timber industry. We're not just in the cloud, we're implementing technology that will keep us at the forefront of innovation in the forest products industry. We're looking for a talented Lead Network Engineer who is highly motivated, team oriented, and will be a key contributor to our Network team within Infrastructure Services organization.
With minimal supervision, performs complex network analysis, problem solving, implementation, and documentation. Translates IT strategies into tactical initiatives. Delivers innovative business/technical improvements to new processes as well as the most complex existing processes. Leads highly complex medium to large-sized projects.
* Mastery level knowledge of intelligent network design concepts and principles
* Partners and liaisons with the business to maintain and deliver optimal services
* Handles escalations from Network Engineers
* Has mastery level knowledge and capability in multiple areas of network services:
* Master level ability to create routes (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC / DMVPN, QoS, VRF)
* Switch (dot1x authentication, dot1q trunking, LaCP / PaGP port-channeling, QoS, VLANs)
* Troubleshoots, configures, and operates network layer devices
* Develops, implements and optimizes network solution designs of the highest level of complexity
* F5 (APM, ASM, GTM, LTM)
* Palo Alto, AWS/Azure Cloud Operations expert
* Certification in multiple areas strongly encouraged
* Skilled in communicating with corporate leadership on design, operation, and issues within the networking realm
* Leads, mentors, and develops other network administrators and network engineers
* Bachelor's degree is required
* Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive, relevant information technology experience
* Possesses technical skills at the mastery level and has a broad knowledge of how various technologies are integrated throughout the company
* Proficient in training and guiding others in various technologies
* Deep understanding of application, infrastructure, and data components when architecting solutions
* Effectively partners with vendors to document their approach to new solutions, architectural standards and frameworks
* Stays current on industry trends and new technologies. Highly proficient in leading the development, and continuous improvement, of solution roadmaps
* Contributes to developing architecture frameworks, guidelines, and patterns for reuse.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Skilled in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences
* Skilled in creating and delivering presentations to staff and customers
* Excellent collaboration skills in working together with others across all IT segments and with business leaders
* Proficient at building and maintaining healthy relationships within their team, across IT, and with 3rd party vendors
* Recognized as a trusted colleague within IT and a trusted IT representative to business and functional stakeholders
* Proficient in exercising sound judgment in contributing to the development of IT strategies, translating those strategies into achievable IT initiatives, and delivering value-added results
* Highly proficient in WY Strategy competencies (see Weyerhaeuser Leadership Competencies). Proficient in providing input on strategic initiatives
* Highly skilled in solving highly complex problems and translating business requirements into technical solutions
* Proficient at considering broader business implications when implementing technical solutions
* Proficient at leading large to enterprise-wide highly complex projects
* Highly skilled understanding of ITSM. Uses ITSM metrics to help improve team's service levels
* Has a broad understanding of the Weyerhaeuser business model and the underlying business processes, and a deep understanding in multiple functional areas
* Proficient at effectively applying business knowledge to develop and deliver innovative, value-added technical solutions
* Thorough knowledge of IT risks/controls and accounting/finance processes
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Weyerhaeuser Company is a timber, land and forest products company.