How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon is the prime contractor for the Air Operations Center Weapon System Long -Term Modification and Sustainment (AOC WS LTM&S) Team providing the sustainment and transformation for the Air Force Weapon System. We have immediate openings for network engineers to help build the network infrastructure for the Global Security team at the Kessel Run Lab of the AOC WS. In this role you will be helping implement secure network solutions around AOC WS environments worldwide.
The Network Engineer is responsible for effective analysis and implementation of new technologies, review and troubleshooting of the AOC WS's network infrastructure, and assisting in investigations into network misuse and compromise.
* Implementing and troubleshooting network infrastructure solutions including Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, wireless access points.
* Coordination with production network engineers to integrate into existing network infrastructure.
* Managing network communications installation, testing, and support, including LAN and WAN systems.
* Facilitating incident management with circuit providers to expedite outage resolutions.
* Analyzing existing infrastructure for signs of compromise and interpreting log data from network devices
* Identifying and diagnosing problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
* Implementing infrastructure solution designs as established by AOC WS Engineering Services
* Ensuring that infrastructure for remote offices and central data center facilities adhere to organizational standards
* Working with other team members, providers and customers to design, implement and support new and existing infrastructure solutions.
* Creating Infrastructure documentation
* Staying current on industry trends and new technologies that may increase efficiency or decrease costs associated with installed systems and future technology initiatives
* Acting as liaison with production information technology and information security teams for network infrastructure issues.
* Working with IT security team personnel to provide solutions to technical challenges worldwide
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance.
* Configuration and management experience implementing and supporting LAN/WAN technologies
* Proficiency with routers, switches and firewalls
* Knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
* Working knowledge of managing telecom issues
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when troubleshooting issues
* High level of customer care skills and demonstration of change agility around environment and technology
* Intrapersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among support and project stakeholders
* Familiarity with network monitoring tools (Splunk,Cacti, Scrutinizer, Solarwinds, Extrahop)
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
* Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
* CCNA, JNCIP, CISSP or equivalent industry certifications
* Exposure to F5 or other load balancing hardware solutions
* Familiarity with deploying Firewalls, ACL, NAT, IPS/IDS
* Existing US Government Secret security clearance
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Network Communications Research
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.