The primary purpose for this position is to design and integrate network-based solutions for the client. This position will require a deep understanding of the underlying technologies available in the Cisco Enterprise Networking ecosystem as well as the ability to position these technologies in a way that is impactful to a business audience. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure.
* Develop migration plans and perform migrations from traditional data center network designs to Cisco ACI
* Integrate services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments, including Application Delivery Controllers
* Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots Cisco Networking and Security solutions, including but not limited to LAN - Catalyst switches, Data Center - Nexus switches, WAN routers, Branch routers, Wireless LAN (WLAN) - Site Surveys, APs and Controllers, Digital Network Architecture (DNA), Identity Services Engine (ISE) - Wired and Wireless, and Firewalls - Sourcefire, Firepower, VPNs.
* Designs, architects and troubleshoots client Networking and Security solutions.
* Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
* Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
* Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
* Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between project team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
* Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
* Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
* Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
* At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience in an Engineer, Architect or similar role, with hands-on experience in Cisco route/switch, WLAN, DNA, ACI, ISE, FW.
Other Position Requirements
* Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies
* Experience with protocol stack that includes advanced skills in layer 2/3
* Advanced LAN/WAN design with extensive troubleshooting capabilities
* Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
* Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
* Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
* Provide technical leadership for networking team
* Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
* Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or higher-level Cisco certification
* Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Cisco certification
* Consulting experience
* Cisco ACI/SDx training/experience
* Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) experience
* Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices in networking
Data Privacy and Security
* All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
* Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.