As a Senior Network Engineer you will provide on-site and remote network support including diagnosing, configuring and documenting complex network problems and respond to network issues affecting clinical applications, at assigned site(s). You will also work with Wide Area Network (WAN) and Internet carriers during implementations and outages. You will also work towards system improvement, efficiency, and standardization while you lead and guide lower level network staff, as necessary.
* Diagnoses and correlates complex network problems, identifies root causes and develops remediation strategies.
* Responds to issues affecting clinical applications.
* Configures network devices, including routers, switches, firewall, load balances, IPS/IDS, wireless controllers and access point in a highly available clinical environment.
* Racks and stacks network equipment and conducts testing and tracing of network cables.
* Documents all network changes and implementations.
* Performs trending analysis for chronic issue resolution and remediates escalated network issues.
* Analyzes converged network traffic and reports to management on results.
* Works directly with WAN and internet carriers during implementations and outages.
* Drives improvements in network process, efficiency and standardization.
* Leads and guides lower level network staff, as necessary.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor's Degree in a related technology field, preferred.
* Minimum of seven (7) years design, implementation and support experience with Cisco and Juniper devices in a converged, enterprise class data network environment, and support of large scale multi-homed connections to ISP networks, required.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certification, required.
* Experience researching, analyzing and evaluating network solutions.
* Knowledge of traffic analysis and performance and capacity tools experience, required.