SAIC has an opening for a Network Engineer located in Vienna, VA.
* This is a senior level position that will be responsible for managing the configuration, installation and on-going support of the Network Infrastructure which includes Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Brocade switches, F5 load balancers, and Checkpoint and PaloAlto firewalls.
* The candidate for this position should have extensive hands on technical skills designing and deploying various network technologies.
* The scope of this position includes network design, equipment selection, implementation and support for all components.
* This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the network and identifying potential issues and corrective actions as needed.
* Additionally, this candidate should have strong project management skills to ensure that all implementation details are identified and planned for to ensure seamless and successful implementation.
* Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, NAC)
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Work with the existing network administrators and engineers to manage, deploy, and troubleshoot firewalls, routers, VPN concentrators, and Network Access Control
* Assist with implementing new switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and other network management/analysis/troubleshooting, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or requested.
* Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
* Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Bachelor's degree with 8+ years experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
* Hands on experience with Cisco and Brocade switches.
* Advanced level experience with at least two of the following: EIGRP, MPLS, BGP and OSPF
* Working technical knowledge of network switching protocols (STP, CDP, LLDP)
* Working technical knowledge of TCP/IP networks and standards (IEEE 802.1)
* Familiar with network topologies such as MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, etc.
* Solid understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
* Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
* Experience with Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls
* Knowledge of ForeScout CounterACT Network Access Control with extended modules
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IPsec (AES 256), Firewall, IPS, route-maps, and ACLs
* Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies; DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL.
* Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation.
* Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
Professional Certifications and Education:
* CCNP or Higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
* Bachelor's degree in a technical/business discipline or equivalent work experience.
* Enterprise Network Engineering experience (LAYER 2 and 3)
* Bachelors and 9 years experience, 4 additional years experience in lieu of a degree. 2+ Years of experience in a team leader role or senior position
* Participation in 24/7 on- call rotation is required for this role.
* 7+ years' experience managing network environment.
* 5+ years' experience in a team leader role or senior position
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability