Purpose Of The Job
Provides enterprise-level design, implementation, and maintenance of a high-availability, heterogeneous network and direct support of all network components including global Enterprise and E-commerce network infrastructure. Establishes and implements policies and procedures for LAN/WAN usage throughout the organization.
* Design, implement, and maintain a highly available global enterprise and e-commerce network infrastructure.
* Responsible for interacting with multiple technical departments and be able to handle network capacity assessment and growth planning.
* Perform lab testing for ongoing evaluation of software and hardware network functionality and make purchase recommendations.
* Troubleshoot network issues to resolution.
* Assist operations and NOC personnel, enabling others to easily manage network operations.
* Responsible for the purchase and initial negotiation of network equipment pricing.
* Identify areas of operation that need upgrading such as bandwidth, routers, switches, network appliances, cabling, etc.
* Establishes and implements policies and procedures for LAN/WAN usage throughout the organization.
* Provide recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability, redundancy and performance, reduces costs and anticipates Company growth and acquisitions.
* Ensure that all network-related procedures and policies are documented including diagrams, disaster recovery and all network configurations.
* Monitor system performance and provide security measures, troubleshooting and maintenance as needed.
* Stay abreast of technological advances.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Requirements & Special Attributes
* BS in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of industry related experience
* Proven 4+ years of experience in a Cisco based LAN/WAN environment, familiar with network protocols including STP, VTP, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
* Hands-on experience with Cisco devices, including but not limited to Cisco ISR/ASR routers, Nexus switches, ASA firewalls.
* Solid understanding about load balance technology. Hands-on experience with at least one of the listed device or software: Citrix NetScaler, F5, Nginx or HA proxy.
* Familiar with network security technologies like ACLs, AAA, S2S VPN, SSLVPN, 802.1X and IDS/IPS.
* Understanding of basic wireless technology to support warehouse operations.
* Web application troubleshooting skill.
* Knowledge of at least one script language skill such as bash, PowerShell, python, Perl.
* Basically knowledge of virtualization technology such as container and ESXi.
* Basic Linux and Windows OS operation skills.
* Preferably CCIE or CCNP certified
* Demonstrated design/implementation skills focused on network efficiency, scalability and stability.
* Hands-on experience troubleshooting performance related issues.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
Essential Mental and Physical FunctionsMental Functions: NA Physical Functions: • Substantial physical movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and fingers. • Able to lift 50 lbs of equipment in and out of racks. • Able to travel up to 30% of the time to support equipment installation. Equipment UsedComputer Work Environment• The work is performed primarily in an office setting. • The employee frequently works near moving parts and occasionally works in high, precarious places and occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles and risks of electrical shock. • The noise level in the work e