Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
The Sr. Network engineer will be responsible for supporting the LAN/WAN network infrastructure at all BCBSMA locations. The ideal candidate needs to have a broad range of experience in regards to team leadership, production support, network design, operational enhancements, capacity planning, network implementation, complex troubleshooting, on-call support, cross functional project delivery, and communication skills within an enterprise class organization. The Network Operations team is responsible for all aspects of management for the following Cisco technology platforms: ACI, Nexus switches, Catalyst switches, 7200 series routers, ASR routers, WLAN controllers, and Wireless access points. In addition to Cisco wired and wireless devices this team manages local and global load balancing efforts for both internal and external web applications. The scope of responsibility for this team encompasses design, planning, implementation, support, and proactive monitoring for all network components in both production and non-production environments. This person will participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation with fellow engineering peers. This position needs to work hand-in-hand with other IT Infrastructure groups such as Security, Web, Voice, Call Center Technology, Desktop, Architecture, Systems, and Storage.
This person will work in a collaborative manner to ensure the capacity, fault tolerance and security of our network meets the demanding needs of our business. These responsibilities include LAN/WAN monitoring, capacity planning, root cause analysis, corrective action documentation, process improvement recommendations, and troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues. The person will be required to work with internal customers to develop network requirements during the scope definition phase of key projects. He/she will then develop technical solutions during design and implementation phases. This role needs to work closely with Project Managers to understand project priorities while also ensuring the operational integrity of our network is a constant priority. Communication with other IT peers is of the upmost importance as we are all members of the same IT team. Teamwork work will make all of us successful!
* Experience with design, planning and troubleshooting network related problems in an enterprise class environment.
* Hands on expertise with Cisco ACI, Cisco Catalyst routers/switches, Cisco Nexus equipment, Citrix Netscalers, Infoblox appliances, Cisco wireless, Riverbed/Cascade monitoring, and Solarwinds are core competencies for this role.
* Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco IPS, and Tumbleweed Frontend proxy experience would be helpful in addition the core competencies noted above.
* Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, VoIP, Ethernet, OSPF, BGP, DNS, IPSec, NAT, Wireshark, and GSLB.
* Proven experience in leading large and small technical projects.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must have.
* Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving security focused environment.
* Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimized business interruption during planned or unplanned situations.
* Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Undergraduate degree in computer science or related job experience.
* 8+ years of experience in a network and/or security engineering role or equivalent network architectural capacity with proven experience in enterprise environments.
* Certifications such as CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, and/or CISSP are preferred.
* Experience within Healthcare industry is a plus.
LocationBostonTime TypeFull time