Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to integrate and deliver networking products and services to new and existing customers, with a focus on Voice and Wireless solutions. This position is also responsible for qualifying, designing, and proposing a wide range of technology solutions for Sirius' customers. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots network solutions, including but not limited to enterprise-level Cisco routers & switches, Cisco voice systems, WLAN systems.
* Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
* Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
* Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
* Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
* Providing skills transfer to customer
* Troubleshooting customer systems
* Other duties and projects as needed to support the team
* Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
* At least five (5) years of engineering experience with Cisco Networking Solutions Suite, including experience with Cisco Route/Switch, Voice and WLAN Solutions
* Cisco Certified Network Professional Certification (CCNP)
Other Position Requirements
* Demonstrated ability to design and architect various types of network infrastructure solutions
* Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies to include analog and digital circuits, BGP, MPLS
* Demonstrated ability to perform advanced network installation and configuration services
* Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
* Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
* Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
* Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
* Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for networking team
* Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or higher certification
* Previous consulting experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of Networking Professional Services project estimation and scoping experience
* Experience with Netformx DesignXpert
* Experience with Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW)
* Specialization within the Cisco Collaboration area, with the appropriate specialization certifications
* Experience with non-Cisco network equipment (i.e. Juniper, Aruba, etc.)
Data Privacy and Security
* All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
* Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel 75% to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.