Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Network Services Team
Network Development Engineer
Seattle, WA or Burlington, MA
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
This role offers huge upside potential, high visibility, and fast career growth without the risk of a typical start-up. It is a unique opportunity to work with smart people who are solving complex problems in distributed systems, networking, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Software Defined Networking (SDN) operating at massive scale.
Customers always want higher availability, more bandwidth, greater network security, less network latency, less network jitter, and lower overall cost. We are reimagining the traditional planning, provisioning, and life cycle by creating SDN services that allow customers to connect their on-premises networks, data center networks, and/or other networks via enterprise-grade links to Oracle's cloud. Customers can then access dozens of leading PaaS and IaaS services that span database, Java, integration, analytics, compute, and storage. At its core, our SDN services provide customers with rapid configuration, pay-as-you go pricing, and seamless scalability.
We are looking for a Network Development Engineer to build services that comprehensively model, provision, secure, scale and operate OPC networks. Network engineers will use the network automation to represent arbitrarily complex datacenter networks and subsequently build, interconnect and scale these networks. Network Operations will be able to centrally administer OPC's networks and automate responses to common operational problems using the network automation API. OPC service teams will be able to augment the rich data provided by the network automation to enable new scenarios.
* Bachelor's degree in CS or related engineer field 5 years Network Engineer experience or Masters with 2 years Network Engineer experience
* Experience working in a large ISP or cloud provider environment
* Experience working in a network operations role
* Folks with strong exposure to commodity Ethernet hardware (Broadcom/Mellanox), protocol experience with BGP/OSPF/IS-IS, TCP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP.
* Extensive experience with scripting or automation and datacenter design - Python preferred, but must demonstrate expertise in a scripting or compiled language
* Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, and SSL
* Experience with network monitoring and telemetry solutions
* Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
* Excellent judgment in influence for product roadmap direction, features, and priorities
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science,
* Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
* Participate in an on call rotation
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems
* Experience with network configuration management
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.