Job Title SR NETWORK ANALYST Position Number 8100726 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT SERVICES Location Code INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT SERVICES (07160A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
This position will perform a combination of technical and resource services in the design, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of the University's wide-area, local-area, voice and wireless networks. This position entails high client interaction, providing technical support to our users. Assists in project work on a variety of infrastructure and facilities related initiatives.
This position is distinguished from the Network Analyst position in that the senior position requires additional years of experience, the ability to design network segments, and to mentor and train junior staff in the resolution of more complex network problems and the delivery of quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, deploy, and maintain voice, data, and wireless network hardware and software.
2. Analyze and resolve complex voice and data network problems.
3. Recommend and implement network upgrades and patches.
4. Provide technical support to clients.
5. Create and keep current network documentation, including network problems and resolution logs for future reference.
6. Work with network engineers on infrastructure-related projects.
7. Coordinate with vendors on the installation or repair of hardware and software.
8. Act as mentor to other department staff for implementation, troubleshooting, knowledge transfer, and the delivery of quality service.
9. Work as a team member with other Infrastructure Services staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
10. Evaluate new products and services and create proposals.
11. Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor's degree or four to six years' experience in the telecommunications/networking field
Extensive knowledge of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
* Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance. * Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools * Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manages the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels.
* Exceptional customer service skills; Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills. * Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity. * Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
* Supports the organization's goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours to respond to problems, maintenance, and scheduled projects.
* Candidate must have reliable means of transportation to travel between Loyola's Chicago-area campuses; Health Sciences, Water Tower, Lake Shore, LUREC and Cuneo.
* Experience with Cisco switching and routing * Experience with TCP/IP and TDM networking * Ability to maintain and troubleshoot network hardware, software, and peripherals * Understanding of OSI layer and cabling techniques
Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying, Standing Working Conditions None Open Date 06/07/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.