AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defense industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
Senior Network Administrator:
* The Sr. Network Administrator will work with as a team member to design, oversee and support server-side elements of the network's infrastructure. * This can include installing network-wide malware protection software, developing firewalls, and configuring databases and access on the back end.
* We are looking for a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. * The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
* Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate/remote networks and in house servers
* Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
* Provide analysis for needed system updates
* Support and administer third-party applications
* Ensure network security and connectivity
* Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency) and test for weaknesses
* Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
* Resolve problems reported by end user
* Define network policies and procedures
* Specify system requirements and design solutions
* Research and make recommendations on server system administration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Proven experience in a network administrator role
* Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching, including management of Cisco and Meriki switches
* Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
* Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN's remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
* Ability to set up and configure server hardware
* Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
* Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
* Microsoft, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE training
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Additional Positives for the Position:
* Microsoft or Cisco Network Administrator Certifications
holding credentials that demonstrates their ability to perform a specific level of tasks related to implementing and maintaining computer networks.
* Able to review and make decisions regarding the software, hardware and networks required to meet the organization's needs.
* Training of users in the proper use of company computer technology.
* Troubleshoot network operation errors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, PTO, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth. Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through the career section on www.aarcorp.com.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.