Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jeanie Lynn Bannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company's use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations, and client and business applications.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. (CSIM), which is the investment advisor for Schwab's proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab's exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With more than 100 funds and over $400bn in assets under management, CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds, 5th largest provider of ETFs, and the 7th largest provider of money market funds in the US.
What you'll do:
This Sr Developer position based in Denver, CO will provide technical expertise to the CSIM Technology team and is responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of the investment advisory technology platform.
The individual in this role will champion the adoption of established coding practices and standards established by architects, be responsible for working with the on-shore and off-shore team during all phases of the software lifecycle (design, coding, testing, deployment, etc.), and setup implementation patterns to be adhered to by team members.
He/she will also be a key player in the implementation and integration of modern applications that support investment advisory business capabilities, and build highly scalable cloud applications that enable future business growth. In addition to being a strong technical contributor, part of the role will involve mentoring developers and collaborating across multiple teams and internal organizations.
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated and experienced senior developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean application design, code quality, a disciplined software development approach, and accountability for delivery.
Qualifications & Experience:
* A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, and/or other professional certifications are a plus
* At least 7 years' experience developing enterprise class applications using .NET and C#, particularly distributed and Cloud applications
* Working knowledge of SOLID principles, 12-Factor App, and design patterns
* At least 3 years of experience working in Agile - Scrum teams
* Experience or knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Experience or knowledge of database design and development (SQL and NoSQL)
* Experience or knowledge with Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, or GCP
* Strong ability to design, code, and debug applications in various software languages
* Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
* Prior experience working in the investment management industry or a strong desire to learn
* A commitment to high ethical standards and integrity, demonstrated through action
* Strong communication skills
* High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit
* Goal-oriented and results-driven
* Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
* Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
* Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine and authentic demeanor
* Possesses a "Can do" attitude and a team player.
* Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
* Ability to work hands on members of an agile project team to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
* Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
* Skilled communicator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and facilitation skills
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.