Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Multiplayer Game Designer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for a new unannounced AAA project, based in our San Francisco studio. The Multiplayer Game Designer collaborates with design, engineering, and animation teams to create a fun and immersive experience that fulfills the creative vision and desired gaming experiences.
* Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into gameplay systems designed that can be used by everyone to build all of the experiences in the game.
* Rapidly prototype gameplay systems within the engine to test out new ideas, gameplay systems, and modes.
* Work with multidisciplinary teams to build towards the definition of gameplay standards for the experience and guide the incorporation of the standards into holistic gameplay.
* Continue to iterate on gameplay systems throughout the project phases from concept to final.
* Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback Proactively identify issues reducing the ability of the team to do their best work.
* Mentor or manage one or more game designers directly
* Been through one complete development cycle of a modern AAA PVP FPS product from concept to ship.
* Conceived and built FPS PVP gameplay systems that have shipped in at least one or more modern FPS games.
* Understand and can articulate the fundamentals of game design as it relates to modern PVP FPS games.
* Has the ability and desire to mentor other game designers in the fundamentals of game design.
* Can take the high level vision of the game and translate it into game design that matches the vision.
* Worked together tightly with multi-disciplinary development teams.
* Acted as a product owner/lead/manager of the development of gameplay systems, coordinating tasks and working with team members to get work do.
* Requires no micromanagement to perform the responsibilities of the role and deliver high quality work on time
* Directly tuned controls, camera, and characters in a shipped AAA PVP product
* Directly tuned weapons in a shipped AAA PVP product
* Managed one or more designers directly in a leadership capacity
* Have experience working with user research to test gameplay systems, understand the results from tests, and iterate on systems to improve their quality
* Understand the concept of Rational Game Design and have used to create gameplay systems in a shipped AAA product
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.