* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19012474
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Seeking Sr. Monitoring & Performance Engineer as Primary Tech Lead to create and deliver a technology strategy that help identify key patterns to understand client interactions, impactful availability and performance of payment eco-systems. This role will include working with clients, building a data centric team, and leading technical strategy focusing on data science and predictive analysis. The predictive analytics and data science aspect of this role provides strategic thought leadership and technology governance to drive a consistent data and statistical model for advancing our monitoring and support capabilities through the build out of data and analytics systems.
The role will work closely with partners in other peer groups to deliver innovative solutions for transaction processing, payments, collation of forensic data and development of business rules in support of business strategy. Opportunity exists for using data analytics/data science to gain unique insight and competitive advantage for the business.
The role of Performance Monitoring Specialist requires a high degree of troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Requires the ability to understand how various systems and performance monitoring metrics' data and information are centrally-gathered, then analyzed and interpreted in detail to isolate and articulate any key risks/concerns/issues, and then make recommendations and related decisions on best course of action(s) to take.
* Provide thought leadership to senior management teams regarding best practices for monitoring and data analytics
* Engage business and development teams to under monitoring and data analytics requirements
* Manage the implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring, data analytics and reporting solutions
* Conduct presentations and provide training on tool usage
* Research, evaluate and perform POCs of vendor solutions
* Lead Data Analytics Forums involving cross-functional teams
* Be the champion and advocate for innovation in the areas of enterprise data analytics, monitoring and automation
* Monitoring and Data Analytics Architect
* Develop strategies for capturing and interpreting data related to the end-user's web experience. Data would include: user journeys, user struggles, client trends, results of multivariate testing, etc
* Develop executive dashboards and scorecards to visualize data
* Architect and implement big data solutions to extract and visualize application performance data from multiple resources
* Develop and document best practices, standards, and processes with regards to the enterprise monitoring and data analytics program
* Write programs and scripts to monitor application health; integrate these programs with the enterprise monitoring system
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
* 8+ years' experience working in large scaled, business critical datacenter environments
* 8+ years' experience as enterprise solution architect
* 7+ years' experience in customer support environments
* 7+ years' experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
* 3+ years of experience on data analysis using Machine learning tools.
* 3+ years of experience with user experience tools such as Glassbox and TeaLeaf.
* Proven project planning and management experience
* Expert experience in application performance tuning and troubleshooting
* Expert level experience in scripting (KSH, Perl, Python, etc)
* Experience with monitoring tools such as: AppDynamic, CA APM, ITRS, HP BAC, Foglight
* Experience with big data, middleware and reporting tools such as: Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Flume, Logstash Kafka, ELK, Splunk, Microstrategy, Qlikview
* Expert in being able to discover actionable business insights from machine data
* Experienced in the ability to explain technical concepts in layman's terms
* Expert in the ability to convert technical solutions into business ROI
* Proven ability to design and deliver innovative solutions with minimum supervision
* Experience in presenting to large audiences both in person and via conference calls
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
* Experience with presenting to senior level management
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.