Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Sr. Middleware Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining specified multi-tier applications and services to include installation, configuration, monitoring, planning, deploying, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. This individual will be the subject matter expert (SME) for multiple applications/environments and will provide guidance and recommendations regarding those application/environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Design, construct and support middleware infrastructures that meet the requirements for organizational IT initiatives. * Design, implement and automate procedures for deployment, configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications.
* Analyze production systems and performance testing to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure. * Conduct feasibility studies for existing and emerging middleware technologies. * Work closely with vendors, internal groups and outside agencies to provide technical leadership and solutions. * Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution. * Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
* Actively monitor remedy queues and ensure labor is equally spread throughout expertise areas and to speak for availability during project meetings to ensure coverage.
* Bachelor's degree * 5 years systems administration experience
* Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and higher. * Understanding of networking connectivity and load balancing. * Experience with IIS, HTML, Java and Web Logic and ability to administer cloud technologies such as Azure and Amazon AWS. * DevOps experience or familiarity with application deployments through change management and the CI/CD process. * Experience on failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance. * Ability to create infrastructure diagrams. Experience with SharePoint, TFS, Dynatrace/Application Performance Monitoring tools. * Strong organizational skills with detail orientation and customer focus.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered * Must be 18 years of age or older * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization * Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.