Working under minimal supervision of the Practice Director, Manager or Service Delivery Manager, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, the Senior Microsoft Cloud Solution Engineer (SE) manages a combination of field and remote deployable engineering activities, pre-sales configuration and consulting activities, skills and certification maintenance, and engineering laboratory research and technology development tasks. The Sr SE primarily works to maintain a high level of billable utilization, which is a combination of customer onsite or remote installation and system deployment, configuration, system troubleshooting, performance optimization, and documentation. Senior level Solutions Engineer with advanced to expert skill level and varying practical experience, completes complex projects with broader scope, works independently, mentors peers and has moderate interaction with peers on work assignments; typically is asked to function as Lead Engineer on projects. The Senior Solutions Engineer is focused in two or more of the following: Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Enterprise Mobility + Security Services or Azure technology. The Engineer maintains the required level of competency and certifications in relevant product and technology sets as detailed in the job description.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience Computer Science or Computer Information Systems Degree or similar
* Requires minimum of 1 Industry recognized certification in the area of technology specialization (Microsoft Windows Server, Office/Microsoft 365, and Azure):
* Eight years of work experience in positions with progressively more responsible duties in Microsoft Solution Engineering
* Responsible for design, development, migration and hands-on implementation of Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions
* Serve as an technical resource to determine the needs of our clients that will optimize and operationalize IT Infrastructure Modernization and Cloud Transformation Solutions.
* Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Microsoft Cloud foundational footprint
* Work closely with other architects and engineers to recommend and design Office 365 Solutions, Azure infrastructure, database, data storage, DevOps and/or BCDR solutions that effectively reflect our client's business needs, security, and service level requirements
* Lead efforts to perform Windows AD Forest Consolidations and Email Migrations to Office 365
* Proficient PowerShell scripting. ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Visual Studio programming skills a plus.
* Conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in our client's production environments
* Align solutions with standards and best practices working with cross-functional engineering and consulting teams
* Perform risk analysis & create mitigation strategies for continuous evaluation and validation or system design and architecture
* Ability to produce as-built documentation and materials
* Expert level of post-sales installation, configuration, troubleshooting of infrastructure environments.
* Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
* Strong understanding of and working knowledge of the value-added technology industry.
One required passed exam or more preferred of the following: (Passed Microsoft Windows Server, Office/Microsoft 365, and Azure categories)
* Microsoft Windows Server, Office 365, and Azure
* AZ 100 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment
* AZ 101 Microsoft Azure Integration and Security
* AZ 102 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition (or 70-533)
* AZ 300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
* AZ 301Microsoft Azure Architect Design
* AZ 302 Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Transition (or 70-535)