The Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) organization has a need for a leader of the Surveillance Radar Systems Engineering Department. The department manager's functional management responsibilities include:
* Staffing programs with systems engineers who have the right blend of necessary skill in a timely fashion
* Deploy engineering process initiatives & monitoring adoption
* Ensure compliance to engineering and business processes
* Ensure the highest quality of the systems engineering work across the department: quality & thoroughness, technical integrity, and efficiency & timeliness of work product delivery
* Leadership, performance coaching & mentorship of direct reports
* Provide consistent and clear department guidance and direction to Program Chief Engineers (PCEs), Section Managers (SMs), Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTLs), technical fellows and other leaders within the department
* Performance management duties for the department, including goal-setting, career counseling, compensation planning, and employee training and development
* Ensure a diverse workforce makeup for the organization
* Develop and maintain department infrastructure such as plans, guidelines, communications, best practices, and communications
* Maintain a product level capability roadmap and implementation strategy
* Develop & monitor a department strategic workforce development plan (including skillset needs, training needs, development pipelines for talent, and a strategic and tactical hiring plan)
* Engage frequently with program managers, BACEs, PACEs, and mission area program directors to achieve the goals and objectives of the business; incorporate these customer facing needs into all departments plans and activities to ensure department success through organizational alignment and employee engagement.
* Engage & collaborate with other Systems Engineering functional leaders and across the design centers (SW, HW, WLE) to ensure a cohesive management approach and alignment to the engineering strategy; insure the functional matrix environment is robust, and that all organizational expectations and values are vertically integrated through department/section/team/individual alignment
* Communicate consistent and timely messaging throughout the department to ensure high employee engagement
* Champion, implement, and sustain R6S methods within the department to achieve efficiency and business results.
This leader will be responsible for the technical performance and career development of approximately 120 systems engineers that primarily support the ISRS and ACT mission areas. The department manager is responsible for developing/providing the right team of Systems Engineers in a manner that ensures the continued health of the mission areas and coordination with ACT mission areas to bring new technologies/capabilities into the ISRS Radar product lines that include SI/Cyber protected systems. The department is expected to develop/provide program leaders to perform the following roles: Program Chief Engineers, System/Product IPT Leaders, Lead Systems Engineers, System Architects, and IV&V Leads. By directing the work provided in these roles, the department manager has responsibility for department strategy, capability roadmaps, technology development, staffing, EACs, gate reviews, proposals and systems engineering execution of the full lifecycle of radar systems deliveries. Within the SAS IPDP lifecycle, the typical work functions of the department include the development and maturation of the system architecture and the technical baseline from program capture through system delivery. This includes requirements development and management, algorithm development, Modeling & Simulation, and data analysis.
* Minimum 12 years related experience
* Experience leading and managing multi-disciplined teams and developing/fostering talent within a heavily matrixed environment
* Experience architecting, designing, and/or integrating radar systems
* Experience developing technology roadmaps and the strategies to implement them
* Experience developing and managing Technical Baselines throughout multiple phases of a program lifecycle
* Experience with Model-based systems engineering
* First-hand experience and knowledge of RF technologies and requirements development.
* Experience with, or intimate knowledge of, bidding process and proposal development
* Experience managing EVMS, IMS, & IMPs on many IPTs or Programs
* Experience implementing system engineering processes, controls and metrics
* Experienced in Algorithm/Mode Development
* Experience and understanding of real-time software development and RF hardware specification and development
* Prior experience as an SE IPTL, Technical Director, Lead Systems Engineer, or Chief Engineer
* Prior experience as a Section Manager or team lead of Systems Engineers or Chief Engineers
* Experience serving as a mentor or manager of engineers in multiple disciplines; e.g. RF design, algorithm development, test equipment design
* Experience with Agile development processes or methods
* Active DoD Secret Clearance (Top Secret preferred)
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related discipline
M.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related discipline
133810 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.